Full disclosure- I’m not the tallest person in my family. I am one of the taller women, coming in at almost 5’6″ (an elusive centimeter keeps me at 5’5″). In the grander scheme of things, I am taller than a lot of the women I know, and some of the men as well (this is, to me, one of the small pleasures in life).
Here’s my list of Tall Girl Troubles:
1. A dress on a short girl is a shirt on you.
2. If you can’t play basketball, there’s something wrong with you. (I can’t play basketball, ergo…)
3. You can never stand at the front of a class at the gym because no one will be able to see over your head. So you go to the back, from which point your instructor is just a dot with squiggles for limbs.
4. Heels are a no-no. (If, like me, you don’t care for them, it’s okay.)
Heels are a no-no especially when all the boys are short.
Everyone knows that famous equation: (Tall girls + Heels) + short boys = awkward dancing
5. During peak hours in public transport, your armpit is the receptacle of shorter people’s assorted hairstyles and or shoulders.
[There are no images that can truly depict this ignominy.
A moment’s silence to remember and hurriedly forget all the uncomfortable journeys]
6. The shade is not your friend in the heat of the day. Why? Because it is shorter than you are! It’ll probably want to stand in your shadow!