Reasons I’m glad I moved to Dubai:
- I got to travel to four different countries for work – Malaysia, Singapore, Portugal, and Denmark
- I’ve been able to travel to one other country (so far – more to come) on a holiday, with relative ease
- I’ve made more money here than I might have made in India (‘more’ is relative. It’s the exchange rate that makes it seem like more.)
- I have some family and friends here
- When I don’t want to see any of them, I can withdraw almost completely from society (‘almost’ because I can never be on my own for long periods of time. I live with my sister)
- This is a safe emirate in a safe country.
- This is a tolerant country in a region that has many extremists.
- I get to sample different cuisines ( in preparation for when I go to the countries to which those cuisines belong)
- Labour law in the UAE is more employee friendly than it is in several other countries (including Singapore, if their sick leave policy is anything to go by.)
- Public transport is better here than it is in Goa